||Understanding Human Evolution
2004 and is widely used as a textbook
for university courses on human evolution.
The fifth edition features:
- Inclusion of new putative hominin species named since the 4th
edition, including Orrorin tugenensis, Sahelanthropus
tchadensis, & Kenyanthropus platyops. (It's
been a busy few years!)
- Updates on all sectors of primate evolution.
- Updated taxonomy of the Hominidae.
- A reorganized text to make the flow of ideas easier and more
exciting for the student.
- More paleoecology.
- More illustrations.
- A substantially expanded glossary.
- A unified reference list (not divided by chapter), to make it
easier for students to follow up on references.